« Conversations with my Mailman I | Main | Conversations with my Cabbie I »

February 27, 2006

Escape to Obion V: The Chemisphere

Episode 5: The Chemisphere (beta latest revision: 2006/2/27)

length: long

difficulty: hard

This game is more linear than the others, which is necessary because we've added level codes for the 4 levels in the game.

The levels represent junctures in the game that tell you that you've solved everything necessary to get to that point.
The puzzles get increasingly complicated in the game, but should not require taking notes in the way that #3 required.

Still, you will need to jot down a few things.
There is one musical puzzle in the game, but you should be able to get through even if you are unable to hear it, relying on the symbols instead.

Still tracking down any last bugs. If you find any, please report them below.

Posted by mslaybau at February 27, 2006 09:33 PM

Comments

cleared! without final puzzle...(6 bumpers and 6 orange buttons on the wood) pushing lower button is go the clear message.

Posted by: ketaro at March 1, 2006 10:26 AM

Hello!... I have questions. I have sucn feeling that last puzzle dont work. I mean puzzle with 6 yellow buttons. Because i can finish the game without solve that puzzle. I just push main button and END OF THE GAME.

Thanks

Posted by: Victoria at March 1, 2006 12:21 PM

Yes, I was waiting for the next episode! Thanx!
I'm at level 3 now (at least I think so since the password for level 3 is displayed), up to now it was very easy.
But now I'm at the marble puzzle and having some problems. It lets me only take a restricted route (can not move in all 4 directions) and the marble gets stuck every time. I'm not sure if it is me who does anything wrong or if this is a bug...

Posted by: Mystery at March 1, 2006 12:21 PM

Sorry if I post twice, but I posted and it does not seem to show up...
I was waiting for this episode, thanx!!!
Now I'm at level 3 and everything was very easy up to now.
But now I have problems with the marbles puzzle since the route it can take is very limited (can not move in every direction) and the marble gets stuck every time. So I don't know if it is me who does anything wrong or if this is a bug.

Posted by: Mystery at March 1, 2006 12:29 PM

Thanks

Posted by: Victoria at March 1, 2006 12:39 PM

I have one littel suggestion: Could you please move the hotspot for getting out of the 2nd marble puzzle (the one where the marble rolls until it is stopped by a "wall")? This hotspot is very near to the hotspot to move the marble down. I got kicked out already 4 times by hitting the lower hotspot by accident when I wanted the marble to move down.
(Sorry for my double post last time, I only realized the warning about the display of comments at the second time).

Posted by: Mystery at March 1, 2006 12:44 PM

Mystery, the puzzle is how to get the ball to the end without being able to turn left. And that's a good suggestion about the hot spot. I've moved it.

Posted by: Matt at March 1, 2006 12:45 PM

Victoria, that was a bug that is now fixed.

Posted by: Matt at March 1, 2006 12:46 PM

@Matt:
Marbles puzzle: The intention of not being able to move to the left is clear to me. But why can't I move up or down or to the right? Why does the marble get stuck every time and can not move in any direction? Am I supposed to find the right way by starting over and over again?
For the hotspot: thank you very much, I will enjoy it the next time I play.

Posted by: Mystery at March 1, 2006 01:02 PM

Okay, found that out. It's a mean one ;-)

Posted by: Mystery at March 1, 2006 03:38 PM

The marble game on level 3 seems to be stuck and will not go anywhere but to a certain point to the left and stops. Bug?

Posted by: OneBun at March 1, 2006 04:00 PM

OneBun, that's not a bug - that's the puzzle. Whatever the marble's direction is, it can only move forward or turn right, so you'll have to circle around a bit to get to the end.

Posted by: Matt at March 1, 2006 04:05 PM

Ignore my earlier comment. It was just me!

Posted by: OneBun at March 1, 2006 04:42 PM

Yes, I got out (to be honest only in cooperation with others). Nice game, thanx. I'll have to play it again and see what has been changed since I started the game. Good job! Don't give up this series, please. We want more! :-)

Posted by: Mystery at March 1, 2006 05:13 PM

Thanx for another great game. I look forward to them. I thought this one had the perfect amount of challenge! I hope to see more!

Posted by: OneBun at March 1, 2006 05:48 PM

Don't know if either of these are bugs, but thought I should check.

1) The clock hands and the 2 Gauges: It could just be disorted perspective, but to me it seems like hands are backwards order, so whilst on the bottom floor it's the big hand pointing northwest and the little hand pointing southeast, when you do the puzzle upstairs you actually have to swap them (big hand south east and little hand northwest).

2) Either this is a bug, or I'm a total dumbass (the latter is more likely) - Once I've got my 3 symbols and need to get to the next room, I can't work out which colour buttons to press. Haven't found anything to tell me and I've done trial-and-error pressing all 64 button combinations but nothing has happened. What's the deal?

Posted by: Mr. T at March 1, 2006 09:41 PM

Mr T, for the clocks, think about where the numbers are on the clockfaces.

For the symbols, the colors are very subtle, but the three you found match up in colors with three in the grid

Posted by: Matt at March 1, 2006 10:37 PM

Im stuck on the bagatelle game... it says in the note that you can unlock it by getting the 6 bumpers the cyan colour, and ive done that, but it still hasnt solved it. Any hints?

Posted by: Danielle at March 2, 2006 08:58 AM

I got the 2nd marbel puzzle(marble rolls to the next wall) compleated. I havent complaeted the 1st one tho. But I can't back out of the second puzzle to get the first one done!(I didn't get the first one done, backt out and went to the next one.)

Posted by: Andreas Fuchs at March 2, 2006 10:12 AM

Andreas, the arrow at the bottom is moved over to the left because many people were accidentally clicking on it.

Posted by: Matt at March 2, 2006 02:28 PM

for the second marble puzzle, you can only move the marble clockwise

Posted by: Levi at March 2, 2006 07:49 PM

or maybe it was the first puzzle

Posted by: levi at March 2, 2006 07:50 PM

Whats the deal with the symbol puzzel, i have the three symbols from the other puzzels but i cant get it to work, i so need help

Posted by: Sambo at March 2, 2006 09:32 PM

Thanx! Got out of the 2nd marble puzzle. Now I'm stuck at the other one. I know that I can only move the marble straight and right, but I cant find a solution!

Posted by: Andreas Fuchs at March 3, 2006 02:48 AM

Hi, Matt!
Wanna say that this Episode was really great! We liked it very much!
Thank you!

Hope, we will see soon next episode!

Best wishes from Russia and Israel =)

Posted by: Victoria at March 3, 2006 07:46 AM

great game!!!!

I completed every task, except the final one with the 6 orange and 6 grey balls.
Can someone give me a hint!!!!

Greetings from snowy Holland

Posted by: Eggert at March 3, 2006 10:47 AM

Eggert, i can't explain very well how to solve last puzzle in English. I can explain it only in Russian.... but if you will look this link, you will find solution for last puzzle. There are all scrinshots. And you will not have to understand russian language. I post it yesterday.

Good luck!

Posted by: Victoria at March 3, 2006 11:24 AM

Egger.... look last 3 screenshots on page

Posted by: Victoria at March 3, 2006 11:26 AM

Posted by: steven at March 4, 2006 06:03 PM

Victoria,

Yhanks for the hint. I don't understand the Russian text, but the images made it all clear.

Steven:

In the bagatelle game you must make all bumpers cyan and than let the ball disapear through the hole on the bottom. So let the last bump turn your last bumper into cyan and shoot the ball in the hole.
Or make sure you have 126 point when the ball disapears.

Good luck

Posted by: eggert at March 6, 2006 07:18 AM

What is the logical to finish the "final" puzzle(6 orange, 6 bumpers)???

Is this the final of the game?

I did not finish this puzzle...I will die if I don't discovery this logical...:D

Please! Help-me!!! (Oh! My english is vrey very bad...sorry!)

Hugs,
Heathcliff

Posted by: Heathcliff at March 6, 2006 12:18 PM

how do that voltmeter works ???
i know 1.26 watt

Posted by: steven at March 6, 2006 05:25 PM

what is the resistance and what is the tolerance ???

Posted by: steven at March 6, 2006 05:32 PM

What are you supposed to do with the lamp and the bouncing balls? feel stupid

Posted by: Timmy at March 8, 2006 09:06 AM

Hello,

I'm stuck at the puzzle with the 6 balls/bumpers. I've got one light on by making them all green, but I can't get the second lamp on, or do something with the volt/lamp machine...

Somebody who can help?
Samantha.

Posted by: Sam at March 10, 2006 08:49 AM

Hi I'am stuck at the end of level 2. I can't get the code to open the safe. I read the books, write down the names and the pagenumbers. Also the "hint" The absent father doesn't seem to work for me. The safe won't open. Please help me out!!

Posted by: Silvinka at March 10, 2006 09:59 AM

Silvinka:
You should be carefull with upper and lower case.

Good Luck!
Sam.

Posted by: Sam at March 10, 2006 10:00 AM

Excellent challenge.

Can you make the point value that you get in the bumpers game when the ball hits a bumper match up with the sound? Currently the numeric point values from lowest to highest match the sounds from lowest to highest for each of the symbols with the exception of one swap.

Posted by: anonymous at March 25, 2006 10:44 PM

To clarify my previous post the order of the symbols when arranged by the corresponding sound in the last puzzle matches the symbols being arranged by point value in the bumpers game from lowest to highest with the exception of one swap.

Posted by: anonymous at March 25, 2006 10:56 PM

ok iam stuck on the voltmeter thingy, ive made all the bumbers green so that one lightbulb glows. now if i get this right i have to light the otherone with the voltmeter thing. help me plz.

Posted by: sapper at May 1, 2006 09:14 AM

The biggest problem I faced was finding the ON button for the voltmeter. I actually gave up after a couple hours thinking I had to get both lights with the bagatelle since the note references the "second" switch, when I already had the top one lit.

Voltmeter ON button is above the voltage clock face.

Posted by: Alvin at May 6, 2006 10:25 PM

i love you

Posted by: bobby at June 23, 2006 07:19 AM

Thanks a lot for yet another great game. Can't wait for more instalments. Any chance of more?

Posted by: Ollie at August 18, 2006 12:55 PM