« Escape to Obion: The Hidden Map | Main | Web Hosts »

February 02, 2006

Escape to Obion: The Alchemist's Notebook

Obion 3 is out - quite a bit trickier than the other two. This is less about stand-alone puzzles in the game (although the initial map puzzle is clever, like a Rubik's Cube jigsaw) and more about comprehending subtle hints and gathering all the information necessary to get to the end.

You'll probably need pencil and paper to keep track of everything.

Note to everyone who completes this game (or who try and then give up). This is a new series, and future episodes will be designed based on comments on earlier episodes. So, please feel free to say what you liked or didn't like in the game - what you found too easy, or what you thought was too frustrating or complicated.

Posted by mslaybau at February 2, 2006 11:51 AM

Comments

Oh my gosh! I'm sooooo stuck.

Posted by: Danielle at February 3, 2006 08:55 PM

clear! it's so hard, but so nice!

Posted by: ketaro at February 4, 2006 08:37 AM

bn

Posted by: hfhfh at February 6, 2006 03:03 PM

i can't get the first puzzle in the begining!! .......

Posted by: elo at February 6, 2006 07:29 PM

I've gotten through the first puzzle. I't easier than you think. The elemental puzzle wasn't that bad, just alot of note taking. The rotating puzzle has me stumped, although I think it's easier than I'm making it. Thanks for the challenge!

Posted by: me at February 8, 2006 07:24 AM

The first "rubbics square" puzzle is quite easy. I have figured out the "window" puzzle after a while (pen and paper does help indeed), and I'm working on the "planets" puzzle now. I think it somehow corresponds to the map I got after solving the "rubbics square" puzzle and I also believe the list next to the yellow puppet is a clue to this one, but I just can't put it all together. What's the "Blue", "5", and "C" at the end of list for?
Also I mapped the symbols in the book (Vitruvial man) with the symbols on the puppet, so I now know what the symbols on the planets mean, but hey, that didn't help much. If somebody figures it out, post it here please... well, a good hint would be enough, I don't want to spoil the whole fun ;)

Anyway, a really good game series after a while! Congratulation guys.

Posted by: oh at February 11, 2006 07:40 AM

What the hell is that "letters"??

What these mean???

This episod is very dificult, to me.

Somebody Help-me please!!

Posted by: Heathcliff at March 9, 2006 03:42 PM

There is a small bug. When you look through the book with symbols and numbers and then leave it and then look at it again, it displays the number that matches the last number you saw but the symbols match the first symbols you have seen and the two don't always coincide.

Posted by: anonymous at March 23, 2006 09:57 PM

Hi Arthur, I think you mean the "playing cards" scene. I looked through, and found the bug you described. It's now fixed; each time you go to that area the cards are dealt fresh.
Thanks for letting me know.

Posted by: Matt at March 23, 2006 11:11 PM

Well I'm stuck on the first puzzle with the map. I'm always coming to a point were there are two pieces in each others place and to get them right I have to mess up everything else. Any way to make this easier?

Posted by: Max at April 27, 2006 09:05 AM

Max,

For that puzzle, it's just a matter of setting up the pieces on both axes. Position the piece that needs to be placed just to the left (or right) of the column it needs to be inserted into. Then place that piece (slide it into place) and rotate the column to move it out of harm's way.

HTH,
--ben

Posted by: BenDog69 at April 28, 2006 07:45 PM

All,

I'm still on this level after two days of play, and I've run out of patience. I've got the sliding puzzle, I've got the elemental matchup, and I've got the planets puzzle done. But what's the deal with the numbers from the playing cards and how they map to the symbols in the book and the numbers to get into the office?

Hope somebody's listening...
--ben

Posted by: BenDog69 at April 28, 2006 07:48 PM

I couldn't solve the puzzles at the lab and the window?I noted all the cards but couldn't match the numbers with the symbols:(Help please

Posted by: Aslı at May 17, 2006 04:38 PM